Thursday, February 22, 2007

silver springs

Silver Springs is one of my favorite Florida places. Each year I have had the opportunity to go there with my second graders. Today was equally beautiful and exciting, even though it is my third time attending the park. For anyone who wants to see "the real Florida", I highly recommend this experience.

We did have a little glitch on the way home when a fire broke out in the Ocala National Forest. We got sent on a detour that added an extra hour to the trip home, which was better than the parents who tried to take the same route we got there by and ended up getting home another hour after we did. Actually, it was quite humorous because Cherylyn called me on the bus on the way to the park. She called me nine hours later and asked me where I was...on the bus, I answered! For a second, I think she may have wondered if I spent the entire day on the bus.

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Seriously, I did!

Tricia said...

How is it I have never been to one of your favorite Florida places? I think that will have to be remedied one of these days!