Saturday, February 24, 2007

outback takeout

Melanie will remember the days when we were good friends with the people that worked at Outback Takeout. We were working on the house and didn't have kitchen. We have some great memories of that kitchenless time.

In recent years, I have been less enthusiastic about Outback, but I received a gift card from my school for Christmas, and Doug and I decided to use it tonight between his sessions of Stake Conference.

I went to Outback as we had previously arranged at 5.15 pm. They told me that there was a 40 minute wait. That would never do! So I marched myself around the building to my good ol' buddies at the Takeout door. I ordered dinner for the two of us and 20 minutes later they brought it to Doug's car. He having arrived in the meantime. We drove across the street to Lake-Sumter Community College and found some tables and benches next to the library. We had the place to ourselves. It was nice to have that quiet time together this evening.

I think that it is entirely possible that this could become a stake conference tradition for us...at least until our new stake center is built!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

LOVE our outback takeout memories. Sounds like a new good tradition to me.

Tricia said...

Have a great Stake Conference weekend!

Cherylyn said...

What would make it an even funnier tradition, is if you both had Steak in between Stake Conference. HAHAHA...okay, I'm lame.