Friday, March 09, 2007

citicard

This is not my personal visa card. However, I could have scanned my personal card and posted it on the internet because mine doesn't work anymore.

A few weeks ago, I was checking my account and noticed that all my charges were being forwarded to another account number. Not that I mind someone else paying my bills...but, in the spirit of being honest with my fellowman, I called Citicard. They informed me that some company had their accounts compromised and that I would be receiving my new card shortly.

Hmmmmmmm. I was mostly distressed because I have my account number memorized as it is very convenient NOT to have to go and look up the number when purchasing online or on the phone.

Back to the story--the new cards never arrived. Last week I received a letter that I needed to call and activate my new cards ASAP, but since I didn't have them, I certainly felt like that would be a real comprising situation.

Doug went to the post office today. He pulled out his Visa card and was embarassed to find out that it no longer works. He came home and called Visa. They said that they would cancel the cards we never received and send us out new cards by UPS tomorrow. Unfortunately, we are going to be gone most of the day tomorrow. So, I guess that means we are really looking at Monday.

But...the new card is a temporary card until they can send us our real new card...go figure.

Oh, and by the way, all of our bills that go directly to Visa...they need to be contacted. Because although we didn't cause this problem, or ask for new cards, Visa can't transfer those automatic billings. I had to call and arrange all that! Most of them were nice. I was annoyed at my phone company that is now going to charge me an extra 99 cents a month for paper billing. Hopefully, in the end it will only cost me a few extra bucks, if Visa does, in fact, get us a permanent card.

I just have one question I forgot to ask. Do you think they will reimburse me for the air miles that I am missing out on in the meantime?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Must have been the same place that our card was compromised. We just activated our new cards yesterday. I was also annoyed about getting a new number as I had mine memorized. :(