Tuesday, March 20, 2007

the urge

Our big girls can probably remember all kinds of promises made by their dad. The ones I am thinking about today are the ones he made for 5 minutes of silence. These promises were normally made in the car, but sometimes at the dinner table. I am wondering now if he ever had to pay up on the promises, but it seems like he didn't. Because 5 minutes of silence was more than they could manage.

So as we were driving to Orlando and Brianna got a challenge of silence, I rode along thinking and laughing to myself about our talkative bunch. Not many minutes went by, I am thinking about 2 or 3, when she suddenly blurted out, "Look! The Temple!" I responded that I love to see the Temple because it reminds me of when we were sealed together. However, she sat very quietly in the back seat. "Brianna?" I questioned. "I am not supposed to talk," she responded a bit woefully. "But you just blurted out,'The Temple.'" "Yes, I know, but that was an urge."

We had a good little laugh about that.

But all the rest of our trip, I just kept thinking about how wonderful it is to have a Temple urge. And I pray that she always keeps it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

SUCH a good urge. Way to go B.