Friday, January 11, 2008

california dreamin'

My friend, Sandy Teeples, recently sent me a real estate listing with these images from our former house in California. We bought the house for $135,000. It was a huge stretch for us and the girls still talk about the Christmas that they received cereal as presents from Santa.

We sold it for $280,00 after a complete remodel. We had thought that after our experience in England we would be home to California to stay. It was with a lot of mixed emotions that we moved to Florida.

Our experience in Claremont was such a wonderful one and I will always be grateful for the friendships that started there and still continue. I occasionally check in on the blogs that I know about--keeping up with kids and grandkids. I love blogs. You can go visiting many friends from your laptop sitting on the corner of your couch!




And the house...it's listed for $679,000. I still think it's a beauty!

2 comments:

Melody said...

It IS beautiful!
However, I am sure glad that you are here and not there. :)

Linda Carter said...

LOVED your old claremont house and drove by there not too long ago. The pool picture reminded of your cute baby chicks that turned into big ducks running around your backyard...:):):)