Friday, January 18, 2008

going bananas

I thought that I remembered someone sharing an idea of doing a pinewood derby with bananas instead of cars. I suggested it at our annual planning meeting. Everyone loved the idea. It was scheduled for our January joint activity.


But now I can't remember who I got the idea from and I would really like a few tips on how to make this a successful activity. I emailed the stake YW president. One of the wards had done an activity with bananas, but it was a personal progress activity. So I checked the internet...surely someone would post something about it...no luck there either.


Hmmmm...well, the Bishop made some axels and we all brought strange and interesting bits.

My personal favorite was Sarah's car, which looked like something right out of a Dr. Seuss book. I only regret that I didn't get a really good picture of it.







The races were hysterical! And we brought extra bananas so that we could have banana splits for dessert! We all had a really great time going bananas!!!

No comments: