Friday, January 16, 2009

cleaning and organizing

I have been a crazed woman going through my kitchen, deciding if everything deserves it's bit of real estate. I hate overhauling the kitchen because then it is annoying when I keep looking in the wrong drawers for my things. So I made minDSC04057or adjustments and lots of crack and crevice cleaning and stove and appliance polishing. I am not quite done. I love my kitchen. It feels good to be getting it back into shipshape. I have a few little updating projects in mind. I read on the internet that you don't really need a junk drawer, so I am going to see if that is true.  The birdies have been keeping me company out my kitchen window, coming to visit in groups by the dozens. 

It has been a drizzly and cold week. I have been grateful for that because otherwise, the garden might have been too tempting. I did capture this photograph one afternoon when the light was particularly interesting. I am looking forward to spending time DSC04062

outside later next week though, when the weather reports are predicting warmer and sunnier days.

4 comments:

Jordan Mathews said...

Oh my goodness I love the pictures you take, they are always so beautifull!!!

Danette Garrett said...

If I was going to be working at the County Fair this year I would tell you to submit that photo. It is beautiful and interesting.

debbie said...

When we remodeled the kitchen, I moved the silverware drawer to what I thought would be a more efficient location. It got to be so frustrating going to the old location and no silverware. Evne the kids commented on it. I decided to move the silverware back to the old location since going there was so habitual. Now where do I go to for silverware? To the old new location. Very frustratiing!

P.S. I have tried the no junk drawer. It doens't work for me. Although I do have a fairly organized junk drawer. what I find it handy for is throwing things in that have no definite place. I also use it for things that belong out in the laundry room because I am doing a quick cleaning and don't feel like hiking to the laundry room. Maybe I should call it "The lazy, don't want to think about where it belongs drawer".

SpaceyKasey said...

No Junk Drawer? I don't get it.

Although if anyone could pull it off I believe you could, Debbie.