Friday, January 23, 2009

learning by doing

Today I painted my kitchen. I haven't done indoor painting before. I called my sister-in-law, Jennifer and asked her for some tips about getting a straight line between the wall and the ceiling. (I do not have a steady hand.) She gave  me some advice and also recommended hgtv. I went on to their website and read what a lot of others had to say about being successful and then I bought a great little sureline tool.  I was really pleased with how my project turned out. It only took a half gallon of paint, what with all the cupboards and windows and door slots. (I have three exit doors in my kitchen!) The difficulty in painting the kitchen lies in the fact that the ceilings are 12 feet tall and the part that needs to be painted are the upper 9-12 feet...lots of ladder work. In addition, I have numerous plants and "things" atop the cupboards which all had to be removed. And since they were being removed they should be cleaned, right? And then replaced. Lots more ladder work.

But you know what hurt? My ARMS!

I picked Debbie Clayton up from school this afternoon and we went to the Temple together. Seriously, I could hardly hang on to the steering wheel.

When we got back, she came in and ooohed and ahhhhed  satisfying my need for approval.

DSC04099

I love my new paint. I think I will paint again!

 

 

The can is a mess because I couldn't quite figure out how to get the paint out of the can. I should have asked Jen. I finally used a ladle. It worked great.

1 comment:

SpaceyKasey said...

I can only imagine how FABULOUS your house is going to be after you've been retired for a full year.

I want to see a picture of that ladle. You crack me up.