Wednesday, January 06, 2010

hanging on to the holidays

Some years are easier to leap into than others. This one--not so easy for me. We are still staying up late and sleeping in,  and the house was fully decorated until Monday when I did at least have to get the tree down so that it could go out with the garbage.

The book club group came to breakfast Tuesday at 10:00 and stayed on until 2:00 playing games. We planned our reading schedule for the next six months, but it was mostly just fun and relaxing hanging out together.

bc5 bc1 bc2 bc3 bc4

But then Doug started talking to me about Stake Conference at the end of the month, youth conference in February and Sony Ericsson in March; and Tricia called about Carter’s baptism and spring break and Cherylyn is having her baby in April

and I just have to face it…the New Year is Here!

So today I put on some of my favorite music with the hope that I wouldn’t be toooo sad and began putting Christmas away.

My heart wasn’t in it though. About half way through, I gave up on the project. Maybe tomorrow…after some Eggnog (or actually RiceNog, which I discovered this year, and it is very yummy!)DSC06375

Some bits aren’t coming down though.

Happy Valentines Day!

1 comment:

SpaceyKasey said...

I hear ya. De-decorating Christmas is rough.

Rice nog? I'm intrigued.

P.S. I miss book club!