Thursday, January 14, 2010

sanlando

Gail Berge and her husband, Derek, recently invited Doug and I to play tennis with them one late afternoon. Gail is an amazing tennis player.  I am not. She was very kind to me, and I especially liked being on her team and beating Doug and Derek.DSC06402

DSC06401

Several days later, I talked with her about improving my game. She suggested a lesson and class at Sanlando Park, which is the home of her league.

DSC06404

Why is it so stressful going someplace you have never been before? I don’t know. Intellectually, I could reason myself out of being stressed, but my emotions weren’t buying it. The day of my lesson it was a brisk 39 degrees. After hitting for about 20 minutes, I decided I better ask to sit down before I fainted. I don’t recall having that problem on the courts before. It was soooo embarrassing. My teacher, Brian, kindly suggested that it was just the cold. Anyway, after a few minutes, we carried on and then he recommended a class on Thursday.DSC06403

So I drove back to Sanlando today. It is a beautiful park with lots of trees and lots of tennis courts. The women I met and played with  were very nice.

 

Brian asked me how I was feeling today. Really, it was just a one off…because of the cold…Really.

DSC06403 - Copy

Since I am writing tonight, I obviously survived. 

I am glad that it was 55 today and that my first class  is over. I am looking forward to improving my game.

1 comment:

debbie said...

I thought Doug never lost. Go Gail!