Sunday, February 28, 2010

catching up with the chef

chefOn my way to making 5o new recipes this year, I have so far actually made 12 new ones. There was only one that I didn’t like. It was for pumpkin pancakes. I like pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread, so I figured this could be a winner as well. Brianna and Doug thought it was okay. But I tossed out the recipe.

Of the other 11, several recipes have already seen a repeat performance in my kitchen…

like these Yorkshire pudding pancakes with fresh berries:DSC06690

DSC06694

And for my daughters who love Yorkshire pudding and say I never use a recipe, here it is:

3 C assorted berries, 2 t lemon juice, 2 T Earth Balance or (butter), 1/2 C egg beaters (or 2 eggs), 1/2 C flour, 1/2 C 1% or (whole milk), 1 t lemon zest, 1/2 t vanilla. Preheat oven to 475. Melt butter product  in 9 x 9 dish in oven. Whisk eggs, flour, milk, lemon zest, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Pour in hot pan and bake until golden brown and puffed, about 15 minutes. Fill with berries and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Brianna gives me extra credit if I make it “gourmet” by decorating the plate with powdered sugar and raspberry sauce.

Breakfast has been much more interesting around here the past month. I want to make a new granola and then I think I’ll move on to a different section of my collected recipes.

*original recipe in parentheses, but I included what I actually did

1 comment:

Jordan Mathews said...

That is crazy! I didn't know that you were trying to create new recipes. Wow! Good luck!