Friday, February 05, 2010

library book sale

I always feel a little intimidated going to a book sale at the library. Surely there are wonderful things here that I would like to read. I just don’t know what/where they are.

I went to Mt. Dora’s W. T. Bland Library book sale today anyway. This is what I ended up with: bookcovertaor

Mine is bound in green cloth with gold lettering on the spine…even though it is taped together. A quick perusal yielded some interesting points to ponder and of course, the book itself will look nice on the hutch when I do a patriotic theme this summer.images

 

 

Next purchase, the children’s book, Miss Suzy, illustrated by Arnold Lobel. Apologies to Miriam Young, the author of the story, but I truly did buy it for the illustrations.

nhgc-seal

And my final purchase was Gardening Essentials, a product of the National Home Gardening Club.

I paid my three dollars to the elderly couple manning the cash till and headed into the rain drenched parking lot  pleased with my little bag of books.

No comments: