Friday, March 19, 2010

friendly competition

DSC06762

I played in my first ever tennis meet today. I was very nervous because Tricia really likes to win. We played against a group of Japanese ladies that Tricia’s tennis coach works with on a regular basis. It was a very gorgeous spring day in Charlotte and a blessing to be able to be outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

At one point, I looked at Tricia and said, “What is the score?”  (Her teacher had led them to believe that the competition was not going to be challenging. Those ladies were good tennis players and a couple of them had wicked serves!)  She answered, “Two-Love.” “How is that possible?” I responded. It was possible because Tricia kept us in it, and, in spite my nervousness, we won all three sets we played in this round-robin style tournament.

DSC06763

No comments: