Wednesday, March 10, 2010

signs of spring

DSC06713 

For the past six weeks,  the orange waterfall of color from the coral honeysuckle vine has delighted me daily, but now it is seriously waning.DSC06714

I love the fact that it blooms profusely when the trees have lost most of their normal fullness. Somedays, it has been the only bright spot in our unusually cold and cloudy winter.

It now appears that some of our frozen garden is beginning to make a comeback. The new green leaves look especially bright.

DSC06723

We finally said goodbye to nighttime temperatures in the 30’s, skipped the 40’s altogether and it was with joy that I worked three mornings in the herb garden this week.DSC06707 

I was happy that most of the herbs seem to have made it through and a few are beginning to show their appreciation of the warmer ground.

 

DSC06710   DSC06715

I couldn’t  resist snapping a few other signs of spring as I was walking around the property with my camera in hand.

DSC06725

 

 

DSC06726

DSC06727

1 comment:

Alexis said...

beautiful! :)