Sunday, September 12, 2010

likening the scriptures unto me

I've read the Book of Mormon many, many times. Yet it never ceases to amaze me how answers to current situations seem to pop off the pages exactly when they are needed.

For example, I couldn't have imagined until today that in an account of the sons of the people of Ammon standing fast in defense of their liberty and faith, that I could find so much solace for my current situation in a matter of a dozen verses:

...therefore it became expedient that [I] should wait, that [I] might rerceive more strength...and it came to pass that [I] did wait in these difficult circumstances for the space of many months. [My family, friends and I] did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen [me]...and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit [me] with assurances that he would deliver [me]; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to [my] soul, and did grant unto [me] great faith, and did cause [me] that [I] should hope.

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

loved this
absolutely loved this

Rae said...

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing!! I hope you are feeling better with each passing day!!!!