Saturday, September 25, 2010

trials of my lawn mower

My husband used to mow the lawn/weeds. Then a few years back, I took over the job, mostly because I like it mowed a little bit more often than he is willing to do it. And, I found that I really enjoyed it.

Since I haven't been driving anything for the past 4 weeks AND 2 days, mowing was definitely out of the question. I told Doug that I would sit on the porch and enjoy the evening. It is still a little bit warm for that, but I wanted to be as supportive as possible.

The mowing adventure lasted less that 2 minutes.

Unbeknownest to him, a group of yellow jackets had made a nest near the big camphor tree in the front yard and when Doug mowed over it, they were Not happy. One jacket found a target on Doug's leg and with the pain and swelling that ensued, he was Not happy either.

Much later, we went to the store and bought pesticide so that he could reap his revenge.

He was actually hoping to see thousands of dead wasps in just retribution. Maybe they flew away to die.
Anyway, the lawn did  get mowed. And the nest has been abandoned.

1 comment:

Melody said...

You're almost there Debbie. I think we need to have lunch again. Then, when your physical therapy starts, we need to supplement with retail therapy. What do you think?