Friday, August 25, 2006

it's friday


I worked all day today. My class is so much more fun and easier this year than last year. I can work all day and not be as tired as I was working half a day last year. I just hope that it stays like that!

There is a boy in my class that got in trouble with me last week. His mom was upset and came to see me on Thursday. Thursday afternoon even after I had warned him, he stuck pencil grippers up his nose and was modeling them for the class while I was teaching a science lesson...so...he got to write a note home about his behavior himself. Friday, I had an apology note from him and he was a "model citizen." (I picked up that phrase from Tanner this summer.) Friday afternoon I wrote a note to his mom in his journal about his great day. His big eyes lit up when he read it. He could hardly wait to tell his mom that she had a note from me. And he was planning on making her think it was a bad note. And then surprising her with the good one. He cracks me up!

Friday night Brianna joined us on our date. We ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and went to see the movie Invincible. It was the kind of movie that makes you feel good. I don't care that the critics didn't care for it. I liked it!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I like "model citizen"...I think I will have to start using that.