Tuesday, August 22, 2006

shooter knows what's up

Shooter was sick last week. I thought that he was going to die. He didn't eat...anything, at all--not for 5 whole days. I took him to the vet on day 4. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with him and did some blood work that was also inconclusive. The doctor told me that our dog seemed a little lethargic. Ya think? After five days of not eating?

My friend Cindy at school is the best vet ever. She told me to feed him cheese and chicken. He ate 3 bites, and it was 3 bites more than he had eaten all week. The next morning he ate about 10 bites. He continued to increase the amount he ate at every meal. After a few days, Cindy told me that he really needed dog food to get his vitamins. She told me to buy him canned dog food and mix it with his regular dry dog food. He eats the canned dog food and leaves the dry. But, at least he is still eating.

Although Shooter is normally an outside dog, we wanted to keep an eye on him. Now he sits in the air-conditioned laundry room all day and watches Doug work on the three conference talks that he is giving this weekend.

I am thinking that Shooter is never going to be fully well again.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think I wouldn't be fully well again if I was shooter...he seems perfectly content there! Glad he's feeling better.

Linda Carter said...

poor guy... glad to hear he is feeling better. I am sure doug is appreciating the company:):)