Wednesday, August 23, 2006

sewing with my laurels

Tonight the Laurels made pillowcases. If you do not sew you should know that this is what is says on the interent about making pillowcases.

There is nothing simpler to make than a pillowcase. It is a wonderful "first project" for you to do with your child. http://craftandfabriclinks.com/pillowcases/cases.html

So...I was quite surprised that:
1. When we were ripping the fabric to straighten the edge, one of the girls ripped the selvedge side instead of the crooked side, because she didn't like the white edge.
2. One of the girls pinned her fabric with the two edges that she was sewing together with the edges not at all together.
3. None of the girls could sew a straight line, which really makes me wonder about their driving ability, since my sewing machine has numerous guidelines that I kept trying to help them use.
And finally, in spite of 1-3,
4. All of the girls pillowcases turned out adorable.

I was happy that:
5. No one cried.
6. No one gave up.
7. We all had a great time.
And finally, because of 5-7,
7. The girls are pleased with their pillowcases.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I would have cried.