Wednesday, September 24, 2008

apology

Today I am writing about one of my students. He is often in trouble. In fact, he has already been suspended from school this year. He has terrible penmanship. He is always in my face. He yells out answers. He is super smart, although you would never know it from that state of his handwriting. Nor would  would  know it from the state of his grades, which are fair to middlin' because he is always the very first one done. Recently, I told him that he couldn't go on the computer because he hadn't scored well enough on his test. He told me to give it back to him. A few minutes later, he turned in great work.  Not the ideal student, nevertheless, there is something endearing about this kid. He  makes me laugh, although he doesn't seem to understand why...like when I received this note:img008

2 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

I can just picture this kid.

Don't we sometimes apologize like this, too, though? "Sorry for doing this unacceptable thing. But...here-are-all-the-reasons-why-my-behavior-was-totally-justified-and-I'm-the-victim-here-and-now-that-you-understand-you-realize-I-don't-really-owe-anyone-an-apolopgy."

But it's cuter from the boy you describe. :)

debbie said...

This is hilarious. I must have missed this post. I have several students like this. They make me laugh, too. I have one that is so musically talented but he can't stop beat boxing. I wish he weren't pent up in school. I think we might see him on the music scene one day.