Thursday, September 25, 2008

i meant to do my work today

by Richard LeGallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,leaves
And all the leaves were calling me.
And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand,
So what could I do but laugh and go?

Actually, I weeded the garden and watered and mowed. It's finally fall in Florida. The temperatures have dropped into the 80's and the humidity has fallen as well. It is wonderful to be outside enjoying this beautiful world!

2 comments:

My Shell said...

You make it sound as good as it is. Fall in Florida, sounds lovely.

SpaceyKasey said...

I find it incredibly hard to imagine you shirking duties, regardless of the beautiful weather. :)

And it has been nice. Yay.