Saturday, February 14, 2009

my special valentine

After I spent most of the day on Friday painting my bathroom, my husband came home. I took him upstairs to have a look at my project, but his response was significantly less that what I had hoped for. It sounded something like

ah!ahhhh!ah!AHHHHHH!

as if he were in pain. Soon enough, he realized something was amiss and said that he hadn't meant to hurt my feelings.

Let's just put it this way: I was hungry and tired and there was no point discussing it at least until after dinner. When we did go back upstairs to have another look, he tried to be kinder and I tried to look at it unemotionally. I realized academically, that it was more in the Queen Anne "painted lady" genre of Victorian houses, while my own home is more in the Folk Victorian style. Ultimately, we decided that the wall color was great, but the ceiling color should only be one shade darker rather than three shades darker.

Then he took Brianna and I to see Confessions of a Shopoholic. He has seen a lot of romantic comedies in his time, but he said that this one was the cheesiest of them all! Of course, Brianna and I loved it!

 

And this morning while Linda and I were making an amazing come from behind at 5-2 to a 5-7 win on the tennis court, he was repainting my bathroom ceiling.

DSC04138

What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

spencer says, "at least he was smart enough to get back on his game and go see a chick-flick." :)

Melanie said...

p.s happy valentines day from me.

Rae said...

Such teamwork! I love the blue!!! Sounds like it was a wonderful Valentine's Day in the end! I can't wait to go and see "Shopaholic"! I have read all of the books over the past two weeks!

debbie said...

I'm with Doug on the movie. It looks mind numbing to me. I'm gald you like it and had a terrific Valentine's.

Kirstie said...

I I really want to see it. Happy Valentines Day!