Sunday, September 27, 2009

filling my mother’s shoes

One thing that I can say about my mother is that she really understood the fashion sense of shoesDSC05840 long before shoes even had a fashion sense of their own. DSC05843When purchasing any new outfit, there were always three questions asked:

1. Do you love it?DSC05838

2. Does it fit?

3. What shoes will you wear with it?

DSC05837Unfortunately, she was genetically predisposed to several feet “issues” that make it impossible for her to enjoy shoes these days. But over the years, she has purchased beautiful luxury shoes that she was unwilling to part with…

DSC05848’til now.

Imagine my delight when she asked if I was interested in her “old shoes”.

Now a shoe aficionadoDSC05847 would love my mother’s shoes for what they are, but I love them because they were hers (and also I am really into that whole vintage thing.) I don’t think a pair of these shoes is newer than ten years old, but some are much, much older…approaching forty!        DSC05844

She gave me nine pairs of shoes, and I will enjoy them all, but one. One pair was just a little too big for me. So, I left them in California with my daughter, Melanie,  to enjoy on her new feet.002

4 comments:

Gail said...

LOVE your "new" shoes! They're great!

Tricia said...

Those shoes are cu-ute!

Kirstie said...

Yeah thanks for posting the pics! they are soo cute!

Kirstie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.