Monday, September 14, 2009

travel day

This morning I got on a plane….by myself…but felt the prayers and comfort as if I was not alone. My seat partner was very nice and we chatted about a variety of subjects including cancer. She said that mom’s cancer was the result of estrogen therapy, a fact I later verified talking with Fred’s wife, Sherry. (Further entrenching my long held belief that you have to be very careful what you put into you body even IF the doctor says it is okay.)

Started reading my 8th DE Stevenson book, which reads like a blog. Decided to copy her style for a while. Wish I was witty and entertaining!

Arrived STARVING since I think it is better to feel ill on an empty stomach than a full one. Melanie had chicken salad and homemade bread waiting. So delicious!

Watched  Truby play games with Nolan on the carpet at mom’s house while Elliot slept in the car. Decided Tru needed a turn at the fun. I was quite awkward playing the same games with him, a fact I realized when tripping over myself and further verified when his mother asked me if I was punishing him or playing with him.

Took mom to the bank to see if a check of hers had gone through and was grateful for my online banking account. Went to the grocery story and waited 20 minutes while mom got some cash that she forgot to get while at the bank. Grateful for ATM card too.

Came home and tried to get connected to mom’s internet. Failed. She doesn’t know her password or username. Have small wireless signal from someone nearby. Wondering if I should use it?

Mom told me about her friends that no longer drive. Suggested it would be a good idea for her not to drive. Idea did not go over well. (Note to children: Take Away My Driver’s License!  when necessary no matter what I say.)

Exhausted from 4.30am (EST) 1:30am(PST) alarm this morning and went to bed at 7:00pm(PST).

Fell asleep hoping I can afford a driver a few days a week when I should no longer drive.

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

Glad to know you got there nice and safe! :) <3