Thursday, September 17, 2009

spending time with sandy

DSC05757  

My friend got on the road early this morning and drove a couple of  hours to get to Carlsbad so we could spend time together today. By the time mom and I finished our morning routine, she was nearly here. I love being with her. I wish she lived just down the road like she used to. I miss her. I miss her more when I see her because it makes me remember more vividly how much I miss her.

After  very yummy Mexican food at Norte, we drove down to San Diego and visited with Melanie for a little while. Then back to mom’s house where Fred and John waved to us from the golf course below and we sat in the pleasant afternoon sunshine and did some catching up. There are still so many things we didn’t get to…I wish we could do it all again tomorrow.  But even if it is many months before I see her again…we’ll just pick up again where we left off. Because that is how it is with us.

No comments: