Tuesday, September 15, 2009

oncology shuttle and shuffle

DSC05756

Woke up at 3:15 this morning. Tossed and turned and wriggled and rolled. Made a deal with self that I could get up at 4:45. Planned my day and tried to relax, at least. Finally fell back to sleep sometime after 4:00 until 6:00. Hurray!

Off to the clinic at 7.30. Arrived to find out from Tiffany with a “Y” and not an “I” that the machine wasn’t working and could we come back later? Opted for cinnamon crunch bagels and strawberry smoothies at Panera while we waited. Mom had never had either before and was surprised to learn that they sell them at all Paneras. Back to the clinic.

Then errands with my mom for makeup, library books and a new pair of pants at the Anthropologie sale. I didn’t get anything…this time ;) Was wishing Tricia was with us to see the beautiful new library in Escondido overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Truly spectacular (meaning both the ocean and the library!)

Took mom home for afternoon nap. Spent two hours doing one hour of missionary work because internet kept fading in and out. Decided that I will have to go to a wireless cafe tomorrow. Did a few jobs around the house. Mom woke up and we went to see Julia/Julie movie. Still freaks me out that both my mom and I are seniors now! A guy from the theaters came in and told the audience no talking during the show and asked if anyone had any questions. The man behind us asked if this was the right theater for  Inglourious Basterds? Love, love, loved the movie. Even Mr. My-wife-is-making-me-take-her-to-this-Chick-Flick was overheard to have said that he was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it. My own Mr. would have liked it too. Missing him. Home for dinner which seemed quite bland after all that amazing cooking in the movie. Didn’t make me want to cook like that though.

Chatted with mom this evening about genealogy and shoes. Melanie was so disappointed yesterday after demanding to see my feet. No sign of bunions for me, although clearly hers came from my side of the family. Fred called and said he would play tennis with me tomorrow. Yeah for him! Went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: