Wednesday, April 21, 2010

rainmaker

On this beautiful blue sky morning, I was working in my garden when suddenly I heard a Big KA-BOOM.

The thousands of leaves in the trees overhead had been precariously cradling the remnants of last night’s tropical storm. The sound vibration in the air tipped their balance just enough to cause them to lose their liquid acquisition…giving me an unexpected shower in my garden.

Doug came out of the house to share the moment and announced, “That was the shuttle!”

I laughed and was hurried into the house to watch it land via the televison.

Space_Shuttle_Endeavour_landing

Welcome back to earth!

While the shuttle has been gone on an extraordinary adventure, I have been doing all the things that ordinarily fill up the days of my life…but  also, enjoying the moments and miracles all around me.

1 comment:

Blue Heron Bobcat said...

I'm going to be sad when the shuttle program ends. I still think it's a thrill every time one of them blasts off or lands.