Thursday, April 15, 2010

wild things

You make my heart sing…

The central Florida landscape has been painted with an explosion of wildflowers. I asked Doug to stop on our way home from tennis, so I could capture a picture of just one of the many fields sporting lavender. They grow in the open and they grow between the stands of orange trees. They grow along the highways and pretty much everywhere else that the wind has blown them, hither and yon.

And isn’t Doug  just funny taking a picture of me, taking a picture? But I did love the sky, so I had to share it.photo[1]

DSC07132  DSC07129

DSC07122

In my own yard, however, the purple flowers are comparatively sparse. It is the yellow ones that are just beginning their show.

Every year the bouquet atop the power line pole surprises me as if it is the first time I have ever seen it, and it is delighting me yet again.

DSC07120

4 comments:

debbie said...

just so you know God put those purple flowers there for me. He knows that purple is my favorite color and He loves me. But you can enjoy too!

Wise Family said...

I am loving all of the wild flowers! They make me so happy!

Melody said...

I love that Doug took that picture. I think, "how cute he thinks she is..." Still. Beautiful.

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.