Saturday, July 03, 2010

celebrating the 4th on the 3rd

DSC08227Recently Doug and I came walking up to the house together and saw this view of the flag that always flies at our house. I actually had my camera in hand and was thrilled with the opportunity of capturing the moment. Of course, I had to save the picture for today and it was a good thing that I did because we did not have much sunshine in our part of Florida today.

The weather predictions were actually quite dire. This morning though, while making potato salad, I looked out the window and thought that we could get in a little tennis since it was dry at the moment. Tricia, Dan, Doug and I ended up playing for a couple of hours.

Once home again, we thought we might get in a little bit of lake time. We spent nearly fours hours on the water with the Berges before the afternoon storm broke.

A little bit later, the Berges and the Gronlunds joined us for a barbeque and games. The city fireworks were canceled because of weather, but we came home and wrote our names in the sky with sparklers and threw poppers.

It was a great celebration!

2 comments:

debbie said...

Beautiful pic of the flag. I'm glad you saved it.

Higleys said...

Lovely photo. And loved the previous post too. Izzy is so sweet, such a nice reverent example for the other Sunbeams