Tuesday, July 06, 2010

kite camp—make them

DSC08492Kite camp started today.

Both of the kids received a Camp Manual thanks to My Best Kite.

When Carter asked me how much he had to read, I told him to only read what was interesting to him.

I found both of them still reading twenty minutes later.

They made a list of supplies we would need and then we headed to Wal-Mart with our checklist.

DSC08494

There were “3 Extremely Simple Kits For Adults Or Big Kids!” listed in their materials. Courtney decided to make the Simple Diamond Kite that she namedDSC08497

 

Ultra Star.

 

 

 

Carter made the Simple Delta Kite that he named DSC08496

 

Spartans.

 

 

 

So that left the Simple Sled Kite for me. I named it

DSC08499

 

 

Theme.

 

 

 

We are off to launch.

DSC08508

Sadly…this is as high as the Spartans flew today.

DSC08520

However,

the Ultra Star flew ultra high!

She used all 450 feet of it’s line.

DSC08525

Theme also flew…but not nearly as high as Ultra Star.   

Carter appeased his sadness whipping the air with his spar (dowel).  DSC08501

It makes a wonderful noise.

2 comments:

debbie said...

finally, I've been waiting for pix

Dan said...

I love the names of the kites! Corky and Carter look like they are having the time of their life. Like Carter said, some kites like different wind.

Corky, I am stunned at how high that kite flew--450 feet!?! Wow.

Carter, no poking eyes out please or wapping sis. :)