Tuesday, July 27, 2010

off the mountain

I asked my mountain man to wait to shave
 so that I could see what his beard looks like nowadays.
 I am quite sure that I have never seen him  like this:
After 12 days and +/- 70 miles he truly looked like a mountain man.

With so many days without any kind of communication, I was overjoyed
...really, actually tearful,
when I finally heard from him the second to the last day.

It is a blessing that they were all safe. When I asked him who had the best experience, he thought for a moment and then said that he did. I am glad that he enjoyed it and it makes the fact that I missed him so much, easier to bear. I have truly been relaxing at Tricia's "house of peace". Since Dan was away at his own scout camp for a week as well, we were the lonely widows together. Lonely, if you don't count the four littles that is...thank heaven for those sweet things.

I enjoyed taking a couple of pictures,
 but I sure am glad to have his now clean shaven face back home again.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! That is probably something I thought I would NEVER see!

Aaron and Mercedes said...

Hahahahahaha... not to shabby!