Saturday, October 08, 2011

recoleta fair

DSC08407

I read about a weekly fair at a park, in a part of the city known as Recoleta.  There is a very famous cemetery nearby where Evita is buried. We have been to the cemetery a few times, but we haven’t been to the fair. I wasn’t even sure they would even be having it because the weather was marginal. In the end, we decided to jump on the train and just go and see. Apparently, not all of the trains were running today and it was a crush. Even before we got to our destination, I had to tell Doug that I was too claustrophobic. We exited early and took a taxi to our destination.

About half of the vendors were missing, and it was hardly crowded at all. Perfect for shopping! And we did :) 2011-10-09

Brianna got a couple of necklaces and a belt. I got a couple of nativities and some shoes. Really, I am so excited about my tango  nativity!

DSC08404 DSC08410

and my homemade shoes!

 

 

 

 

On the way back, the train was a lot less crowded, and we had some great music  from this 70-year-old entertainer.

DSC08414

3 comments:

Melody said...

I'm so glad you had a better experience this time. Last fair wasn't so great for you. ;)
I did some shopping myself today at Nordstrom, but you were missing and it wasn't nearly as much fun.

La Hermana Heyman said...

Ray loves the Recoleta. I love your tango nativity!!

karla said...

Hi Brianna, love the pics! You look so beautiful! I love you!
Grandma