Thursday, May 18, 2006

checkup time for shooter

We took our boy to the vet today for his annual exam. It is a completely frustrating experience since our vet will not take appointments. We just have to go and wait in line to see him. They will let you check in and come back later--so that was my plan. I arrived at the vet at 7.40 am twenty minutes before they officially open. There was already a line ahead of me, and it quickly lengthened behind me. When I checked in they said that there were only three dogs ahead of him and to get him there asap. I was home and Doug and I were back with him in under ten minutes. No dogs were called while we were gone. One hour and 20 minutes later, we were still there waiting to be called. Finally, for our patience and endurance, we did find out the he weighs 89.2 pounds. Shooter received four shots and had his heart checked for worms. He took all the poking and prodding like a good boy. However, I don't think he wants to go back there any time soon...and neither do we! See ya next year Dr. Webber!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

that made me laugh...good boy shooter. :)