Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sabbath gifts

So the true confession is this: For years, I didn't send my husband with a lunch on Sundays in the hope that he would come home sooner. After quite a while, I realized that it wasn't working. So I made him a few lunches here and there to show my support. But he didn't eat them. Someone came and had something on offer more interesting, or maybe it was just harder to refuse their generosity.

Doug put in another 15 hour Sunday. At seminary graduation, one of the sisters told me about a wonderful meal "someone" had prepared. Suddenly this scripture came to mind that had always seemed a bit odd to me before.

"And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind...your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things".

I am thankful to know that Heavenly Father is taking care of my husband. I wish I had words to express how grateful I am for all the people who have ever thought of my husband on a Sunday and followed a prompting to care for his physical, emotional or spiritual needs.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That's so nice...I'm grateful dad is being taken care of as well.