Friday, May 05, 2006

thank goodness it's friday

My favorite TGIF is at 25 Coventry Street, Greater London, SW1. When we were living in the UK and were so homesick for the good ol' USA, we would take the train to Picadilly Circus, have a meal at TGIF's, catch the cinema nearby in Leicester Square and finish the evening with a Haagen Dazs ice cream. Although I never loved the food, I always loved the experience. Nowadays, TGIF stands for

Thank Goodness It's Florida.

We have enjoyed a beautiful late winter/spring season this year with plenty of mornings and evenings on the porch.

Today TGIF stands for thanks goodness it's Friday...I am grateful for the weekend. This week I am thankful that the plants in the front yard are still alive and that Shooter seems to have figured out where it is safe to run in the yard without getting zapped and is enjoying his freedom (although he still spends the vast majority of his time either on the porch or under the porch.) I am thankful that there are only 13 more days of school and that 4 of them are minimum days...AND that I have the weekend to rest up because the second graders are as anxious for summer as I am!

No comments: