Tuesday, January 16, 2007

worth the wait

Weather takes toll on workers
The Dallas Morning News
Whatever charm winter weather may have held with North Texans, much of it has melted away...


There is a plastic strip that covers the start button on my dishwasher that has been pushed so many times that the plastic finally gave way. The dishwasher works just fine, but the hole in the plastic has been annoying me. Today I decided to call Asko and see if I could order a new plastic strip.


I got the familiar message "my call would be answered in the ordered received". I put my phone on speaker, hooked the phone on my shirt and went about my tidy-up duties. It seemed like a really really long time went by. I looked at my phone--oh, it had only been 18 minutes. I decided that I would carry on for a while longer since I had invested that much time. After another 3 or 4 or 5 minutes my call was answered. I was almost surprised since I had about decided that no one was working the lines at all.

The woman was very nice, and after I told her my request she apologized for my long wait, even though I had not mentioned it. I told her I was quite pleased that someone answered in the end. She said that there had been horrible ice storms in Texas that morning and people couldn't even get to work. She then ordered the part I needed and explained to me how to install it. She was great! I hope she got home safely.

No comments: