Tuesday, May 27, 2008

book club

I wish that I could say how much I enjoy the women that come to book club at my house without sounding somewhat pathetic. We don't actually spend all that much time discussing the books we read as we do discussing how the books affected us...how the books give the past, present or maybe even the future some enhanced perspective. Sometimes someone else's ideas have balanced my own in an even better and more meaningful way. And every time we meet I think again, I am really glad they came tonight.

2 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

Feeling's mutual. It is, indeed, a fun and wildly diverse group.

Mary said...

I so look forward to when we all get to meet together. It is interesting listening to others perspectives and viewpoints, but I think I enjoy the friendship building the most.