Friday, May 09, 2008

speaking of blue jays!

Look who decided to take a nap in my garden this afternoon.
I was very worried for his safety, since numerous of his predators live in the woods here. I put a bottomless birdcage over him and called my friend, Cindy Monell. She is a wildlife enthusiast. She told me that the fledglings get too big and fall out of the nest.The moms and dads know where they all are and spend their days
taking food to them in their various locations. I had no idea!
But here is is happening!!!

He is a cute little thing. I hope he survives...
He is sleeping again as I write...
under the old garden swing this time.

2 comments:

Cherylyn said...

Those birds are the cutest! I love the NEW camera shots.

Rae said...

What a wonderful experience. I desperately want a little bird family to move into my yard. As of yet, no such luck. I love your gardens!