Friday, May 02, 2008

parents who care

When I went into school Thursday, I was dismayed to find that the behavior of my students was not up to par. Later, I told my husband that you know it is a bad day when your very best student also takes home a note about a rough day.

This morning when I arrived at school, he and his mom were waiting for me at my classroom door. He had an apology in hand. She wanted to know more specifics and if more discipline measures should be meted out over the weekend.

As a teacher, I am grateful for parents who support those of us who teach and care for their children. As a member of society, I am grateful for parents who insist on standards that make our world a better place.

Nobody is perfect all the time. Not even my hard-working, polite student who almost always calls me "ma'am" instead of Mrs. Carter. I hope he has a great weekend. He does deserve that!

No comments: