Friday, May 29, 2009

angels watching over me

57353091fcuRWQ_fs

When Brianna was little and she saw a sky like this one she would say, “Look Mommy! Heavenly Father is talking to Jesus.” Since then, I have especially loved the clouds splitting the  light into sunbeams. It is my visual reminder that They live.

Today I was reminded that Heavenly Father has a plan for me.

I came walking out of Lowes and a car was facing the store waiting at the end of a row of parked cars. As I crossed toward him, I saw a look of panic on the driver’s face. In that moment time seemed almost to expand as I hesitated for a second and wondered…

in another instant there were screeching brakes and a horn honking and my hand was hit by the car speeding through the parking lot knocking me off balance and into the side of the previously speeding car…

I no sooner righted myself than he raced away.

Dazed, I continued to walk toward the panicked driver in the direction of my own car. As I approached him, he said to me at least three times…that was not your fault.

I sobbed all the way home.

I called Doug when I got to a stoplight and asked him to meet me at home. He did and he comforted me.

I am grateful for each and every day and thankful that I have been protected this day and have the blessing of looking forward to another.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Oh no! That sounds so scary, Debbie. I am glad you were protected too. Is your hand alright?

Melody said...

What a crazy story!

I am so thankful that you are okay.

Danette Garrett said...

That's so scary I hope that you recovered okay. I have to add that I am glad that you were protected.