Tuesday, May 12, 2009

day of celebrations

Today Brianna and I went to lunch together at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Mother’s Day. When the waitress brought the bill and handed it to me, I shook my head and told her that my daughter was paying. Brianna had the cutest smile on her face! She is appreciating her babysitting jobs…me too :)

DSC04880

flvs-top-banner

One of more than two dozen state virtual schools recognized by the North American Council for Online Learning, the Florida Virtual School offers more than 90 Web-based classes for users not just in Florida, but across the U.S. Founded in 1997, FLVS is the nation's first state-wide, Internet-based public high school.

Yesterday Brianna finished  7th grade  with Florida Virtual School. She ended up her semester with 3 A’s and 1 B. Well done, Brianna!

This afternoon on our way home from Millenia Mall the temperature dropped 30 degrees in less than 10 minutes and we had what I think was our first official summer storm. The lightning and thunder were spectacular, albeit terrifying for the driver, ie me. I kept the flashers on and cautiously motored along. Although I prefer to be home, I do love our tropical rains.

briannaLast the best of all…Today we also celebrated Brianna joining our family. Nine years ago today her adoption was final, and she was sealed to us in the Florida Orlando Temple.  That was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Melody said...

That was wonderful! Way to go Brianna!

I thought the same thing yesterday when it started storming. "Here is the beginning of our summer thunderstorms."

Danette Garrett said...

Congratulations to Brianna! What a wonderful family.

Stephanie said...

Congrats Brianna! What a wonderful celebration!!!