Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother’s day

garden rocker

Cherylyn gave me this amazing stool called a Garden Rocker. I didn’t even know that such a thing existed! Unbeknownst to her, I have been having some back issues from so much time in the garden. I am really looking forward to using it.panera

 

Melanie gave me a gift certificate for one of my very favorite places to eat. I can look forward to that when she comes to visit in 5 weeks and 3 days…

…yes, I am counting.img004

JohnAdams

 

Tricia gave me the 7 part mini-series from HBO called John Adams. I  loved the book by David McCullough and was really disappointed that it was on HBO since we don’t subscribe to that channel. I can’t wait to watch it!

 cheesecake factory

 

Brianna gave me a gift certificate for Cheesecake Factory.  She also bought me a  beautiful orchid corsage to wear to church.DSC04902

 

 

 

 

 

The Young Women sang a special musical number at church. Here they are practicing on my front steps the previous Wednesday evening. I have been working with this age group for nearly five years now. I often feel like a mother to them. And they did a  beautiful performance on Sunday.

DSC04869

asiatic-pink-710083

My husband, who really doesn’t think he should give me a present, because I am not his mother gave me a beautiful Asiatic Lily for my garden and a funny card. He barbequed dinner, but he does that pretty often.

I love that man!

My family likes to say that they never know what to get for me. They always surprise me and give me meaningful presents that I wouldn’t have even thought of or known about for myself.

Their surprises are the best!!!

I enjoyed laying  on the couch having long and lazy conversations with my girls. They mean the world to me. I am so grateful to be a mom, and I am especially grateful to be their mom!

No comments: