Thursday, May 21, 2009

hello rainy days

I like to get up fairly early in the morning. My favorite days are when I have the opportunity to play tennis with my friend, Linda, and work in the garden for a while. Then I try and get some housework done. I like talking with my girls on the phone because I love them and it distracts me from what can sometimes seem like mundane tasks. Errand running is often part of the afternoon as is preparing for church service responsibilities. I love an half hour nap when possible. Then it is time to think about dinner. There are a few shows that I like to watch on TV, but normally my evenings are spent reading or doing computer-related activities. 

With 13 1/2 inches of rain at my house already this week my days have not been the same. I am getting up later and talking about the weather more. I miss my outside time. The start of the rainy season was  “predicted” for May 27 this year. It came early, actually beginning on May 11. In the subtropical climate here in east central Florida, the two seasons of wet and dry are quite distinct. We need the rain. We are still in D3 (extreme drought conditions).

drmon

More drought relief is expected next week. I turned off my new automatic sprinklers days ago. The dry season is over, but summer is here and there are great things to look forward to and do this rainy season.

No comments: