Wednesday, October 14, 2009

found it

I hate looking for things. Generally I refuse to look for things that have gone missing. I figure that I will run into them sooner or later and most things that I am missing just aren’t that critical for my happiness.

However, many years ago, I was missing a check. It was a Christmas gift  from my parents. Doug and I  had committed to pay a certain amount to our ward budget (this was in the olden days when you did that kind of thing.)  I ended up having the baby that I was expecting six weeks early. I had to quit work,  and so, we didn’t have the money to pay our commitment. But then Christmas came and the gift and I cried and cried because I was so grateful because that  check was for the amount of money that we had committed pay,  and now we could. Of course, my parents didn’t know anything about the commitment and were worried that we were starving. Thankfully, we weren’t. Things were very tight though, and  I felt it was a huge blessing to be able to do what we had said we would do.

How Could I Lose That Check???

Generally, I don’t pray when I have lost things because I was  irresponsible. Nevertheless, I did pray. And I was blessed with help to find the check.

I have  a few things that I have been on my “lookout for” list for a while. My sunglasses that turned up in the trunk of Doug’s car yesterday and a cake plate that turned up in the cedar chest today. But then, we went to upload the printer software to Brianna’s computer and the CD has gone missing.

Arghhhh!

I would have liked one day with nothing on my missing list!

e7f76_geo-logo Which make me wonder why??????????

I like  geocaching, a form of entertainment where you go looking for things that people have purposely hidden?

Maybe it is because you get to go to the website and click a little box that says “Found It”.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm so glad you found the cake plate!

Wise Family said...

If you still cannot find the software many companies put it online for you to be able to download. Try to put the name into google and you might get lucky;).

Cherylyn said...

"Generally, I don’t pray when I have lost things because I was irresponsible."

Seriously Moo? That makes me sad!

Do you really think you don't deserve help even when you are irresponsible? If that's the case, I am in a heap of trouble...we may not deserve help, but that doesn't mean we can't still get it...and we should certainly always ask for it. Otherwise we are just being really prideful, which IMHO is worse than being irresponsible (coming from Mrs. Irresponsibility herself) :-)