Saturday, October 24, 2009

spending the evening with elder bednar

Tonight Doug and I were invited  to a fireside that Elder Bednar gave to the young single adults of the seven stakes in the greater Orlando area.

GarrettwithElderandSisterBednara-1I didn’t take this picture, someone else did at the beginning of the year, but Elder and Sister Bednar haven’t changed much physically since then.

I have the feeling that they have both changed spiritually since then, because they both spoke of quite recent experiences that they have had following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Even as the intimate experiences were shared, it was asked that we not post them on the “blog-o-sphere” or other similar places. However, I feel sure that he wouldn’t  mind if I  share this particular piece of advice:

Go to the temple to get inspired questions to ponder.

That is an action item, that I have not taken on before, but plan to in the very near future. I am truly grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. I know that David A Bednar is one of the special witnesses of Jesus Christ. Although differently, I too have taken upon me His Name.  I look forward to the morrow Sabbath to renew those covenants once again.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I am so glad that you shared that. I feel uplifted just hearing that he said through you and feel blessed to read your testimony.