Wednesday, October 28, 2009

out of it

I started feeling unwell on Sunday night. A good old-fashioned head cold was on it’s way. Monday, I rested, or tried to. I did all of the things that I normally do when illness comes my way…which mostly amounts to sleeping and watching something funny on tv.  Since the illness was presenting as cold, I asked Doug to buy me a bunch of oranges and I ate one of those on a regular basis throughout the day. I usually get this kind of thing when my neighbor’s oranges are available, so I must be a little out of sync this year.

I opted to read a funny book instead of watch tv since I didn’t have a fever. (I have heard that you are not supposed to read when you have a fever. I wonder if that is true or if it is just an old wives tale.) Nevertheless, I didn’t have a fever and the book was funny. So the only trouble was laughing since ThaT hurt my head abominably. And the book was quite funny…all the way through.

Tuesday was worse. I decided that the best way to get past Tuesday was just to sleep, and in spite of sleeping half the day, I went to bed and slept all night as well.  Doug and Brianna have checked in with me on a regular basis. Doug realized how lousy I felt  when I opted not to take a ride with him to Orlando. He wanted to go to the bookstore. I seldom pass up an outing, especially one like  that which will no doubt include a lunch date.

Looking on the bright side, there is something good about reading and sleeping in my favorite spot on the couch all day. I have a beautiful view of the treetops in my backyard without even moving that is ever-changing with the breezes and sunlight and critters that call that place their home.

And now… it seems as if I am on the downhill side of it. So tonight, I am looking forward to more energy tomorrow and thankful that I had the luxury to be out of it the past few days.

2 comments:

Melody said...

I am so glad to see that you are starting to feel better. I sure hope that you continue to improve, especially since your favorite holiday is on Saturday... ;)

Kirstie said...

Aww! Glad you are getting better.