Tuesday, February 26, 2008

spring fever


It happens every year. The little boys and the little girls in second grade start sending notes to each other and the next thing you know, I am going to pick up my kids from PE and I am accosted by group of boys...like today:

Them: Mrs. Carter, Sydney likes Devin, Hunter, Jacob and Tyrese

Me: I like Devin, Hunter, Jacob and Tyrese too.

Them: Mrs. Carter, Sydney LOVES Devin, Hunter, Jacob and Tyrese

Me: I love Devin, Hunter, Jacob and Tyrese too.
(To which, I am met with confused and surprised and delighted nods.)

I think it is over and I have efficiently diffused the news. I turn around to lead the group back to class...just as one of them says:
We Love You Too!

And the rest of the day I think to myself...it is good to be loved!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Ahhh, second graders are the best!

Melody said...

So sweet! I love second grade!

Megan Berge said...

Brings back second grade memories! LOL...I love the way you handled that little situation!

-Megan