Sunday, February 10, 2008

worldwide training--Building a Righteous Posterity

Today I went to the worldwide training broadcast at the church.

Some of my favorite thoughts from the meeting include:
1. For every thing, look first across the altar (meaning to your spouse)
2. It has always been tough--in every time of the world
3. Walk by faith--not recklesslessly--ways unforeseen will be opened up
4. Do not expect to be applauded everytime you do something that you know to be right
5. Your children should never learn anything at church that they didn't already learn at home
6. There is no such thing as treating all children equally
7. Look for ways to show, express and say, "I love you."
8. (Pearl S Buck quoted) I love my children with all my heart, but I can't love them with all my time.
9. A general concern about emotional homelessness and that we need skills to "make a home" environment to nurture our family back to Father--housekeeping tasks can be delegated/shared--homemaking cannot be delegated even to the church
10. We don't have to do more--sometimes we can do less
11. Reclaim the joy of the Sabbath
12. Three assignments from President Monson:
a. pray
b. read good literature
c. love

6 comments:

Craig and Rachel said...

Those were awesome comments. I agree they were GREAT!

Unknown said...

It was a great meeting! My favorite concept was about bringing the joy back into our Sundays.

Christy said...

Thank you for sharing - I was unable to watch the broadcast and appreciate the words of wisdom.

Melody said...

I can't wait to read it. I was quite sad that I wouldn't be able to attend.

Jen said...

I enjoyed the meeting and I loved the order of your list especially number one it's the only place to start!

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Both my husband and visiting teacher shared great information from the training. I too can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing.