Sunday, July 13, 2008

surgery

Doug has discovered that the metal piece that attaches the steering column to the jet flow broke. When we pray for safety at our activities, it is easy to forget about it later on especially if all went well. Actually, I felt prompted to pray for our safety before our activity with the girls last Wednesday and when they all arrived, we prayed again. As I was driving the girls and suddenly realized that I had no steering capability AT ALL, it was very terrifying. We were headed to certain disaster. In those milliseconds that miraculously expand in a crisis, I am grateful that I was inspired and that we all were safe indeed. I do believe in the power of prayer.

We have ordered a new jet flow and hope to have our aging waverunner up and running again very soon.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

WOW--that runner just keeps on runnin!!!

SpaceyKasey said...

Okay, I have to say it...In our disposable society I'm thrilled to see you're going to try to fix that good ole' beauty. I can say with confidence she brought our family much joy one April afternoon.