Saturday, August 23, 2008

fay floods florida

I found a weather website that gives all the info any weather geek would ever want to know. I especially like the weather history link. 2008_08_19t003836_450x292_us_storm_fay

We received just over ten inches of rain here at the Birdhouse. Our lake, which was sorely in need of a refill, probably picked up at least 15 with the runoff. Brianna and I did a little rescue mission. Two of our watercraft had floated free and were visiting neighbors.

There are all kinds of debris in the yard.

DSC02310DSC02306

Cleanup started after snapping a few pictures. It will take days. The storms blow down dead branches, fronds, loose moss and leaves.

There is still plenty left to blow in the breezes until Fay's brothers or sisters come along.

DSC02311

I counted 18 trees that have gone down making room for the others to grow bigger.

DSC02309 Mother Nature is busy this time of year in Florida. We keep out of her way. She can get quite violent. Then, we do the work that she has left behind for us...until the rain begins again...and I go back to watching from my windows and the wunderground.

No comments: